You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Talk > A HOODY DOESN'T MAKE YOU EMO

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 140 posts.
Thread: #3194
Page: 1
CandyKID

Posted: 03 May 2009
Re: A HOODY DOESN'T MAKE YOU EMO
To quote myself from earlier:

2 days ago: ''the point isn't that people at 31 shouldn't wear hoodies. It's that he, who is 31, happens to look monumentally shit, fat and melted in one.''

Yesterday: ''I agree with you Serge, I'm not saying ALL 30-40 year olds look like Pedo's in a tight hoodie and skinny black jeans, what I'm saying is that the emo movement is associated with youth and I feel that when older guys try to get in on the act it is a little unsettling, almost invading.''

Yesterday: (REPOSTED) ''I agree with you Serge, I'm not saying ALL 30-40 year olds look like Pedo's in a tight hoodie and skinny black jeans, what I'm saying is that the emo movement is associated with youth and I feel that when older guys try to get in on the act it is a little unsettling, almost invading.''

Yesterday: ''I don't you're fighting a moot point to be honest, I've generally agreed with your point on age, but contested that I have to accept the way it looks on you or others.''

Yesterday: ''I have already stated that I am not saying ALL 30-40 year olds are.. I have said that 3 times now''

18 Minutes ago: ''It's quite obvious that I wasn't saying 30 is a write-off, and I still stand by my opinion that GENERALLY SPEAKING 30+ 'emo's' are creepy.''

4 Minutes ago: ''I have already stated, (what, 7 times now?) that I am not blanketing the ENTIRE population of over 30's, merely stating that in GENERAL, the case be made that 30+ can't pull off the emo look with quite the same appeal that was intended by the teen movement.''
CandyKID

Serge says- ''I am far too old to fall for reverse psychology''.

That actually made me lol. Irony ;)

Also Serge, I don't believe 'big words' (as you like to call language beyond the 2 syllable mark) to be a front for disguising arguments.
I'll assume you understand my language (given that it is basic English) and will ask you to clarify in what precise way using that sort of language 'covers up' my 'statements'.. if that's even possible?

Furthermore, I use 'big words' to clarify exactly what I mean, 'small words' can often mean many things and lead to misinterpretation, 'big words' are often more precise in their meaning. That said, however, this is the language that I am used to and it flows freely and comes naturally to me, I don't see how it is something to be castigated for.

Perhaps if I swore more, used broken sentences and simple words.. I might appease the masses a bit more?
Whatcha think Serge?
Serge

You do whatever you like Ryan, because I really really don't care.
AnotherLad79

CandyKID yesterday wrote:
"You find me one none-creepy looking 30+ emo and I'll shut my face."

People have found you a load of them. Can you please now shut the fuck up - like you promised you would.

Thankyouverymuch.
CandyKID

I have found each and every picture posted in here creepy (aside from the topless guy at the bottom of the set).. though that was in single beach wear.. hardly emo.

So- no. =]
AnotherLad79

Well, hush anyway.

You're not doing yourself or humankind any favours here.
CandyKID

I'll say what I like thanks, I'm not here to appease you, or anyone else. Don't like hearing it? Get the fuck out of the thread.
=]
Radiofred

ok have your views but stop trying to convert other people to your way of thinking.
KristoferK3304

idk what your taling about..

MM makes me wet!
CandyKID

I haven't?
I stated an opinion.. then got jumped on for having it.
If only we had an on board hypocrisy detector..
AnotherLad79

Oh carry on then. I guess if this thread stays alive then new members'll happen across it and see your viewpoint and the dicussions around it. Maybe it'll do some good...

...but it won't win you any friends.
CandyKID

Because that's the aim of all discussion isn't it? To win friends.

Perhaps with that sort of outlook, I can understand why all your arguments only ever run WITH the flow of the stream.

Dare to be unpopular.
earthunit1

hehe, I have 5 years until Im 31, but I dont care, a number means shit, I still outdanced and outdrank and outpartied most of the younger people at a rock club last night. One day, I'll be old, but that's the same time I'll be picking up my pension. x
KristoferK3304

J. Howard Marshall III Pictures, Images and Photos

*giggles* i had to..

AnotherLad79

Getting along with the rest of humankind is kind of an important skill in real life (not so vital on the internet).

I'm quite as capable as disgreeing with someone as anyone else but I'll only usually make a point of publically disagreeing with someone if it's about something that matters.

....AND when I do disagree with them I'll make sure I've got a very strong case to argue. I hope I'll never try to argue such a stupid case as the one you've set yourself up to fail with here.

Top tip: read 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' - Dale Carnegie. You might even thank me.
Radiofred

i think it'll be well funny if ryan ages badly. will you wearing a hoody, or will you tone down and wear a nice little outfit from marks and sparks? :D
CandyKID

Actually I succeeded in my aim with this thread.
Perhaps you shouldn't accept everything I do and say at face value.
CandyKID

Actually Fred, I'm not all that sure.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't apprehensive about ageing, but to be honest, age brings with it certain benefits.
I tell you now- I won't be dressing in unflattering ways, it's likely that by the time I'm 30 I'll be in my career of choice and will be expected to dress smartly and be approachable in appearance, but M&S is officially off the list, that much I promise you!
Serge

you keep twisting and turning Ryan, first it was your opinion hard and loud, than you tried to tone it down, then you tried to make it seem that it was the 30+ ers with a problem and now you apparently have a completely different motive all together.

You must be too good for us commoners to understand whahahah
AnotherLad79

And that aim was?...

I have no reason (or desire) to seek out some hidden reason for the strange views you've stated in this thread. This is the internet and if you make a stupid statement that's what it'll get treated as. To leave unaddressed the ignorant views you've expressed would have been irresponsible....

...you ignore the problem - you're a part of it.
Wait! There are 130 more posts in this thread. You need to signup or sign in to view them.

Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^