You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Talk > Do you like older guys?

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 159 posts.
Thread: #4399
Page: 1
Sephiroth

Posted: 30 Jan 2010
Do you like older guys?
So I'm about to reach the dreaded 26 in a couple of weeks; the gay retirement age. The age where sex becomes a purchase and people you're talking to in a club run when they find out you're old. Not that I'd buy such things by the way, I can live without. But most can't.

I mean, how many profiles do you see on the internet that state "18-25 only" or similar? It's like when the clock strikes midnight on February 13th I'll no longer be worth talking to. What's worse is certain websites seem to upgrade your age a week in advance. I thought the government wanted us to retire later, not earlier.

So I'm left thinking I should find a BF within the next two weeks because retiring while single must be the worst thing a gay can go through. Even worse is that the clubs are cashing in on Valentine's day on the 13th this year to shove it in my face even more.

Yet the only options for resolving my crisis in that timeframe include dating my right hand, the stray cat that lives in the laundry room and the never ending stream of obese over 35s that keep flooding my Fitlads inbox. Even those have an 18-25 age limit.

I'm picky enough already which I'm sure you all know, yet that dreaded day in mid February is going to eliminate about 97% of the options I had the day before. I'm "celebrating" my birthday on the 12th so that I can find time to book myself into the retirement home the next day.

So what do you guys think of retired gays? Vile predators with wrinkly cocks, slack arses and grey/bald hair? That's what I've been taught over the years. Would you date them or do you cringe at the thought and stop at 25 and 364 days to save yourself from friends hassling you about crossing the pensioner boundary?
BENNYxSTAR

Re: Do you like older guys?
I swear i could hit you with a baseball bat.

Personally i like older men rather than younger, providing that they aren't too old (30+ is a no go for me, that'll probably change as i get older). I don't mind dating guys your age providing they aren't some ugly fat guy who looks like he should be in his late 30s.

I don't see why you're always moaning about your age, you're not that old and you're better looking than most young guys so think yourself lucky. I know alot of people your age and they're fat fucks, you're not and i think you need to look more onto the bright side of things and you'll be more experience than us younger folk.
hertscam

actually i prefer guys woh are 26-early 30's. They are more mature and i find them a lot more interesting to talk to

of course though seph you could lie about your age
Sphirex

Surely people's 'age-limits' grow older with them...? I mean all the 24 and 25 year olds cant be only prepared to date people younger than themselves, can they? And are you adverse to finding someone the same age, or perhaps a little older than yourself?
BENNYxSTAR

I forgot to mention that i plan on trying to get a guy by the time i turn 30 otherwise i'll live alone or atleast kill myself. I don't know about you guys but there's no way in hell i'm growing old, unless i find something that's worth being alive for.
hertscam

thats one of my fears actually, being the 50 year old in the corner on his own!!
Sphirex

Yeah, growing old has to be my biggest fear... I realise though, it's only because my life currently revolves around aesthetic and sex. I guess that just changes as you get older.
joiningyou

Seph, dont you know the golden rule? When gays are 21 theyre 18. When gays are 25 theyre 21. When gays are 30 theyre 25, when gays are 35 theyre 25 and when gays are 40 theyre 29. So you dont have to worry until youre 40!

You forget...gays lie!
Hiro-kun

For some reason i felt this way when i hit 20 like a month ago... i felt i was the oldest person in creation :P but really you learn to get over it... maybe i just haven't hit 26 yet? Not saying i want to as fast, but i don't feel it will be any different( but i age slower xD)

In all seriousness though i usually keep to under 30, i do prefer people younger looking if their older, but i really don't limit myself, it's just that a lot of older guys i meet seem to creep me out.. but maybe thats their fault ><

point? don't be creepy! not sure if that helps :/
Sephiroth

Problem is, people look at your age before your pics, and both before your personality. I mean, if you're doing an internet search you'll set it to say 18 minimum and 25 maximum, meaning guys 26+ won't even appear on your radar. I know this due to the way I already get far less messages from younger guys than I did a few years ago. 25 is often the maximum people go to.

I'm guilty of the same so I can see where they're coming from. I too prefer younger guys and my maximum tends to stay at my current age. I can't imagine me suddenly increasing it in a couple of weeks. My minimum is what changes more recently. Starting to find under 21s aren't worth bothering with. Until a rare one appears and changes my mind and then screws me around shortly after lol.

Let's not even talk about the big 30... that's gay death age. I said years ago if I'm still single at 30 I'd happily marry a woman. I'm dreading the day I have to decide between that and spending my life single. And considering the options between 26-30 there isn't much hope.
BENNYxSTAR

We have learned this valuable technique from the female species, they aren't as half bad as what we think they are providing we keep away from their blackholes.
BENNYxSTAR

Btw my response is referring to joiningyou's post.
Sephiroth

"thats one of my fears actually, being the 50 year old in the corner on his own!!"

Hah, that's been me in gay clubs since I was 23. I was past the age of where you can make friends with gay people before I even came out as gay. My fault though for pretending I liked minge for most of my youth.

Indeed JoiningYou I could probably get away with lying, I mean I still get IDed when I go out. But I'd never resort to that. The most I'd do is not fill in the age bit, but unfortunately some websites don't allow for such possibilities.
joiningyou

Actually I read the profile, look at the pics THEN look at the age, half the time I forget to look at the age lol. And as for older, I have no problem dating a 30 yr old, but wouldnt date someone 10 years older than me. If that makes sense. like at 23 I could date a 28 yr old, but not a 33 year old, I go on distance from my age rather than the age itself.
joiningyou

Even if people know youre lying, never cop to it and they cant stop you! lol

Supermassive Blackhole.
Sephiroth

Yeah but to get to the profile you have to use search parameters and more often than not age is used as one of the settings to weed out potential unsuitable profiles.
Sephiroth

Problem with lying is when your relationship becomes serious they're going to find out. Pretty hard to get away with forever.
hertscam

i look at the pics first then the age, if they are good looking i dont care about the age so much.

and seph if you are still single at 30 i will marry you!!!

Hiro-kun

yea we can play FF14 together Seph, happily ever after :3
joiningyou

oh I get you. I tend to stumble across profiles rather than search for them, but I get what you mean.
Wait! There are 149 more posts in this thread. You need to signup or sign in to view them.

Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^