You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Talk > Single

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 25 posts.
Thread: #6917
Page: 1
him

Posted: 09 Nov 2011
Single
Is there anybody here that prefers being single? Is there anyone here that plans on living and dieing alone? Is there (sorry for all the "is theres") anyone here that recognizes that living and dieing alone isn't this bad thing everybody believes it to be and knows better aspects of life to be enjoyed and aren't stunted by romance? ?
him

Re: Single
Prefers being single.

Plans on living and dieing alone, looking forward to it.

Better more fulfilling things in life.

Smiles.
SilverWolf

I much enjoy being single right now. I think if you have friends and family and you don't want to settle down with a boyfriend/husband there's nothing wrong with that.

Gnarlee

I wouldn't say I have plans to live and die alone, just a grudging acceptance.
edwardk81

Lol @Gnarlee

In answer you say there are "better more fulfilling things in life". I don't think this is necessarily true. There are things you personally find more fulfilling or enjoy more, but to pretty much state that romanticism or coupledom is without fulfillment or is stunting is pretty insulting really.

I don't think either way of going through life is particularly better than the other. But romanticism, coupledom and all that shebang has it's place, it's worth and it's fulfillment to those who want it.

Personally no I don't particularly want to live or die alone. In fact I not only want to share my life and love with a partner I also want to share with children, a family. There, I've said it, I want to go all breederish and have a civil partnership/marriage and have children running round the garden and all that sort of "straight person stuff".

But yeah, you enjoy your life that you find fulfilling and enjoyable and I'll enjoy mine that I find fulfilling and enjoyable. And we'll do it without the prejudices and slagging off.

:-)
KaiMorgan

@Gnarlee I already want to marry you so dont worry I have plans!

But no one should try and plan out life...
It isnt really 'living' that way...

Life is that thing that happens.
thisonetoo

id rather not
PawClaw

I find its swings and roundabouts.
Relationships and singledom both have pros and cons both are nice; though I'd rather like a relationship lately.
nikki1987

@KaiMorgan...Fate needs a little push now and again:)
@Gnarlee....no chance you'll end up single :)
KaiMorgan

I have no issue with people setting goals.
But expectation usually leads to disappoinment.
:/
nikki1987

Well....I've achieved some of mine though they didn't include fame or fortune.
him

True it's to each his own.

I think you should plan to do stuff instead of just planning on letting things fall into your lap.

I'm tired of seeing young people who want a relationship so bad. They're not all they're cracked up to be. Why don't you go be different and become obsessed with something else, something less mainstream and predictable.
cloudsuru

I prefer a deluded optimism. Get what you want and dont waste time with negativity. You'd only regret it if you were to continue so.
styzssm

I hate the idea of being single for ever.
I wouldn't be able to manage.
BurnTheThirdSon

Posted: 10 Nov 2011
When I'm single I always want to be in a relationship but when I'm in a relationship I always want to be single; in other words I don't want to be alone but I don't like the cheesy lovey dovey and clingy aspect of relationships.
neonemo

There are some aspects of being single that I enjoy. Being able to have an entire day to myself without actual human contact for instance. Facebook doesn't really count unless its chat i guess, because that is more personalised. Texts and calls though. Sometimes i just want to veg out and layin bed watching TV, and i like that I can. Inevitably, if I was with someone, I'd get at least ONE text or call. Then again there are aspects that I don't enjoy. I wouldn't say I feel alone, but being one of the few people in your friend circles who is single is a bit annoying. I don't know why but no-one seems to set me up with people. Everyone else get's a blind date or whatever, I dunno why. I just feel left out.

I o not plan on living and dying alone. I find that one of the most depressing things ever to think about, and just hope that never happens to me. Maybe that is why i fear old age.

Living and dying alone isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it'snot what i want to happen to me. I fnd your question a bit loaded though to be frank.

To say things are stunted by romance is a very closed minded view. With the perfect blend of two people, the romance does not hinder. You seem either Vulcan, or bitter.

newmy

Essentially my view on this is the same as the feelings espoused my @neonemo in his first paragraph. Right up until the bit about being set up with people, blind dates etc...I'm quite happy for that not to happen to me.

I have an eternal worry about being in a relationship that the other person would feel less needed than perhaps they would like. This is because I really really need time to myself, I can't bear to have other people/another person around me constantly.
neonemo

Oh I'm not saying I want that, just that i feel left out. I can't think of anything more cringeworthy than that. I'm not wording myself properly. I don't WANT a blind date, but it's almos as if everyone thinks I'm fine being single, when really I'm just tolerating it.
Radiofred

Thing is, I'm in a brilliant relationship, but still get the time to do 'single' things. I go off shopping on my own, watch movies on my own, do my own thing and get important Fred time.

Serge does the same.

We then also catch up and do plenty of stuff together :D Its the best of both worlds. Its quite simple really. If being in a relationship means 'MUST BE TOGETHER FOR EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME' then it wont work.
Radiofred

In answer to the question, I prefer being coupled. But I do appreciate single pursuits.
Wait! There are 15 more posts in this thread. You need to signup or sign in to view them.

Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^