You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Talk > Zodiac signs!

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 118 posts.
Thread: #6920
Page: 1
him

Posted: 15 Nov 2011
Re: Zodiac signs!
@edwardk81 I'm not missing any points I'm just not discussing that. Like I said: "in regards to your comment about sharing qualities with household things." You weren't even talking to me when you made the second post.
Arkei

Posted: 15 Nov 2011
The difference is that dying stars created the atoms and gasses necessary for us to exist. Not your iron blowing up.
misfit

Posted: 16 Nov 2011
@id:Arkie What a great Zodiac sign site, totally accurate about me, Pisces.

http://www.compatible-astrology.com/pisces-man.html
Cocoapowder

im a typical aquarius =P . LOL it cracks me up when ppl say that astrology is bull, ppl in the west tend to split spiritually and science and tend to have biased opinions on some things.real astrology is not the crap u read in the paper. mayans had an unbelievably indept knowledge and understanding of astrology and astronomy, they were used together for many uses including understanding and predicting things in everyday life. its not just a bunch of hocus pocus "omg lets see if we match" "omg were the same sign" "omg this is my signs crystal/color"
the planets, just as everything else in the universe had a direct impact on your birth, if nothing in the total universe was positioned/happend in the way it did at the time of your coming, then u would not be you. the planets are just ways of mapping things out easily since they are huge. in many ethnic cultures we don't tend to split things into spirituality vs. science, especially in China, it gets us very far, to be open minded is to open a door way to achieve many possibilities. to dismiss something in ignorance is to close another.
Cocoapowder

btw also bare in mind ppl in western astrology, you have more then one star sign. its not as simple as "im a gemini" etc. you have many signs, which are associated with different parts of your behavior, the Sun or star sign is the "main" one. im not going to into it, and yes i follow the modern general western astrology, but if ur interested look into other astrologies, some are better than others, more descriptive etc. the "western one" has been diluted with a lot of "fun" crap.
Cocoapowder

edwardk 81 - u make an interesting point. but i believe the truth is that, for anything, you will never ever have 100% proof. theories are always overcome by new ones. we always think we fully understand things until something new comes along that shakes our bubble. i myself just tend to go with the flow, there is no point in holding on to one way of thinking just because we believe it to be true, endless possibilities waver around in a sea of matter & energy & whatever, that puny humans do not even understand a fraction of.
him

Well according to this site http://www.compatible-astrology.com reading between leo and virgo. I'm a virgo, which I like.
nikki1987

Seems like there's a lot of Virgos on this site.
Juarez

I'm a Leo, but I don't really see it in myself.
Arkei

I totally agree; physics and spirituality have so many correlations and crossovers, like Buddhism and quantum physics, for example.

edwardk81

@cocoapowder - we are in agreement. I should have made myself clearer. I don't believe nor do I disbelieve horoscopes. I'm minded more towards disbelieving them as I can't see how they can be true. But I am open to the possibility that I could be wrong and there could well be elements or even total truth to them. I have much the same stance on things like god, aliens, ghosts, fairies etc... And I say that genuinely without wishing to denigrate astrology in any way. :-)
styzssm

I'm a scientist and Christian,
however I still agree with iguanas,
this thread got very deep, w/o any real need.
neonemo

Posted: 17 Nov 2011
You're a Scientist? Which science(s)?

Also, I get the impression you're extremely uncomfortable around conflict. Tbf, this thread is still on topic, it's just shifted to the credibility of horoscopes (which in a way was what the aim of the first post implied), therefore, it's fair game as far as i can see, with all that is being said.

Just because we are all debating, it doesn't mean we're falling out. This is a regular occurrence so don't worry. It's intelligent debate.
styzssm

Food sciences, though my masters is in physical sciences: bi-phase & partical viscometry to be exact.

Mebs I don't like conflict, you could be right.... Not really thought about it.

Sx
neonemo

Ah. Why does cherryade always seem to be less viscous than lemonade?
neonemo

NO NOW WE'RE ON A TANGENT.

GO back to Zodiac signs.
nikki1987

Joey, is it true that Pisceans are more likely to rise to the bait ?
neonemo

That pun was terrible.
nikki1987

I liked it :) I think you have just demonstrated that they are.....
neonemo

Posted: 18 Nov 2011
Soo trying to derail the thered because you Dont agree with whats being said.
Wait! There are 108 more posts in this thread. You need to signup or sign in to view them.

Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^