You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Talk > would u go to the funeral of a guy who tried to kill u?

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 29 posts.
Thread: #7263
Page: 1
Cocoapowder

Posted: 26 Jun 2012
would u go to the funeral of a guy who tried to kill u?
so someone who used to be a friend of mine died recently and ive been invited to the funeral.

as good hearted as this guy was, i think, he did try to kill me a few years ago. i have quite a few friends who will be attending, friends I left behind along with the life i behind.

I do feel very sad for him being gone. but this whole situation feels awkward.

what would you do?
Rusholme

Re: would u go to the funeral of a guy who tried to kill u?
Dance on his grave, bwahahahahaaaa.
MrTicklish

paying respects isn't about pride. Remember the good times. You've only got one chance to go and at the risk of feeling bad, I say do it. Death is not fun times.
Cocoapowder

at a point he was like a father to me, he took me in when i had no family and fed me.

MrTicklish - i think your right, i think if i dont go i could regret it in the future, and the bad memories i have of him will haunt me, at least if i go i can put everything to rest.
Radiofred

do whatever you think will give you closure
Caligula

I'd say go and just bury the past with him. It'll be cathartic experience with you for sure but you can turn something of a tragedy into something with positive meaning for you.

As for the people who'll be there that you don't feel like talking to just go and be civil. I've actually been to funerals before where I knew I'd be in the company of people from a former life that I'd no interest in revisiting. You just make pleasantries and small talk where need be. Theres no need when the service is over for you to go to the reception at the pub or wherever its going to be. If you feel up for going to the cemetery then go but if not just excuse yourself politely to the right people and say that you have to work or its your Nan's birthday or some shit. And it will all be over and believe me you'll feel better about yourself.
RavenDee

Posted: 27 Jun 2012
its better to regret somthing youve done rather than regret not doing somthing ul never get the chance to again simply out of respect i wud go there are no enemies in death :)
newmy

Ok, everyone's let it slip so far, god knows how. You can't just say someone tried to kill you without elaborating on that. What did he do that came across as trying to kill you?

I don't mean to be insensitive, I just, you know...want to get the facts here.
Serge

I'm kinda with id:newmy on this one... How can you even consider someone to be good hearted or even refer to him as a friend, and in the same breath casually say "Ow and he tried to kill me".

If any of my friends would even raise as much as a hand to me, that's them done in my book. Wether dead or alive I'd stay far far away from them. I couldn't stand going to a funeral, having to listen to person after person going "He was such a nice guy" "He'll really be missed" cause in my mind only one thing would matter ... He tried to kill me.
Radiofred

but imagine the opportunity to tell his family he was douche at his funeral? priceless.
Radiofred

but imagine the opportunity to tell his family he was douche at his funeral? priceless.
Avery

Posted: 28 Jun 2012
I want to know the facts.
technoprimitiv

If someone who tried to kill me died and I was asked to attend their funeral, then I wouldn't go, even if they had been nice to me to begin with, and it would be the same if someone had sexually assaulted me. Sexual assault and attempted murder cross the line, personally.
Juarez

I'd go for the irony. And laugh manically as I left.

And yes I'm serious.
Radiofred

yeah it all depends on how he 'tried'
cowboy-fromhell

hey , if it helps to bring closure to a situation then i say go. for the people who are there just be polite to them for they will be doing the same thing you will be and that it remembering the good times and things about the person. and as for the people here that want to know about what happend to the guy who started the post off leave him alone he might not want to talk about it give the guy support not try to drag him into something he dosnt want to get into again...
newmy

"he might not want to talk about it"

If he didn't want to talk about it, he wouldn't have mentioned it in a discussion thread on a public forum on the internet.
edwardk81

On the one hand he tried to kill me. On the other - free food! :D
Kristoff

Posted: 29 Jun 2012
Edward, you always think with your belly
edwardk81

Posted: 29 Jun 2012

Wait! There are 19 more posts in this thread. You need to signup or sign in to view them.

Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^