You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Talk > Relation...ships...

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 39 posts.
Thread: #7713
Page: 1
Zeppelin

Posted: 19 Aug 2014
Relation...ships...
Those things that come rarely and these days, I observe regularly setting sail for the next course.

I'd like one myself, but honestly, where do us younger gay guys that have given up on the world of badly managed apps and stuff go to find guys of a similar age? I couldn't name a single place where I could turn up and potentially find somebody that I could take home to my parents after a few dates, life's tough. And at best, lonely.
daviemoo

Re: Relation...ships...
I've been with my bf for 3.5 years now and we met through a slutty mutual friend, which I guess is lucky. I'm so shitty at talking to people irl these days that if I was single id be boned without the internet. But I think a good rule of thumb is find a hobby you really like and then if you do meet someone who happens to be a sexual gay, you have that thing in common already. :3
Zeppelin

I have my hobbies, and i'm good at them, but, they don't really lend them selves to finding a like-minded type.

leon1990

Posted: 20 Aug 2014
Interesting. I was reading an article in gay.com (or somewhere) where this guy was describing himself as "undateable" When you read on, you could see why. His self description was that he was misanthropic,and also emotionally cold but also emotionally needy...AND was extremely picky as to partners. Is anyone surprised he's "never been in a relationship"? It made me wonder..how common is his attitude among gay men? I sometimes get the impression that it's not that unusual.
Opinions?
Abstract

Posted: 20 Aug 2014

Zeppelin

Posted: 21 Aug 2014
@Leon - I don't think you're wrong, I think we all experience that feeling at the very least from time to time. I enjoy my sexuality, but it's lonely. Really lonely.
newmy

Posted: 21 Aug 2014
@daviemoo "I'm so shitty at talking to people irl these days that if I was single id be boned without the internet"

Or rather...you wouldn't.

I'm sorry.
Gnarlee

Posted: 22 Aug 2014
@Zeppelin I'm gonna try and give some sage advice to make up for the fact I yelled at you in another thread.

It's luck. People despair about life and try to figure things out, but so much stuff is down to luck. Just being in the right place at the time. it's beyond your control and you shouldn't try too hard or freak out about it. Eventually, you'll meet someone you didn't expect. Then one day you'll find yourself curled up with them and marveling at your good fortune.

There are things you can do in the meantime though. Like @Daviemoo said, follow your hobby or whatever passion you have to as many areas as possible. Go out with your friends, make new friends, just try to enjoy yourself and eventually you'll luck out.

Also you can send nude pictures to people online.
Gnarlee

@newmy wins.
leon1990

Nude pictures online...you've found that works, did you , @Gnarlee ;)
daviemoo

Posted: 23 Aug 2014
I think for research purposes everyone should send me nudes. Of themselves. Right now.

Go.

Now.

Still waiting.

leon1990

Optimist :)
tomeedubya

^^^^
LOL :)
daviemoo

Stiiiiiil waiting over here guys. Come on. Close your eyes and think of science!
tomeedubya

Posted: 26 Aug 2014
Heres mine ;)

8======)
MrTicklish

Posted: 27 Aug 2014

me and the boys on a Friday

kev1

Posted: 21 Sep 2014
I have to admit that I did smile a little at the last few posts....look beyond the outer shell and seek the inner being that we are...
or something.
Gnarlee's right, there is an element of luck about things like this. Most people do go out and meet others and in the straight world, hook up, stay hooked and have that long-term relationship because its what they are supposed to do.
Not because they really truly want to stay with each other. They may *like* each other, even enough to stay together and have kids. Which is not quite the same thing as really loving each other.
Gay guys on the other hand tend not to follow the generally accepted social norms which is why a number fall into and out of a number of relationships.
Unless you're me.
I too am one of those who doesn't seem able to find the one for me.
But I'm not bad looking, I'm in reasonable shape and not one of those old fat bald types who leer at anybody under whatever age those who get leered at are supposed to be.
I enjoy the company of anybody who is willing to meet for a chat and I don't much care how old they are what colour they are or what thier background is.
(Shameless plug over)
If you're lucky, you'll find somebody reasonably quickly, if your not you won't.

leon1990

Posted: 24 Sep 2014
Unless it's an old fat bald guy, presumably? Leering of course :)
kev1

Posted: 05 Oct 2014
many people tend to spread a bit around the middle as they get older and hair loss is a fact of life for some men in their twenties....which is no excuse for letting yourself go and getting just plain unfit and ugly. So I could live wiuth a bit of chubbiness (tho' admittedly I'd prefer not to) and I can live with some hair loss. The leering part frankly I won't put up with.
MrTicklish

Posted: 31 Oct 2014
I've been thinking of bragging about this for a while now and this just seems like the sort of place to do it. I have been ridiculously lucky which for a cynical bastard like me just doesn't seem right. My boyfriend is in this choir and I'm incredibly proud. There again, it took a lot of assholes to find him and I eventually did find him on some phone app usually used for the wurst - yes, German sausage.

There is hope. Just keep trying.

Wait! There are 29 more posts in this thread. You need to signup or sign in to view them.

Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^