You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Talk > Hair advice...

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 9 posts.
Thread: #7727
Page: 1
daviemoo

Posted: 05 Jan 2015
Hair advice...
I felt cringey even writing those two words there.
So yeah. I've decided it's been too long since I messed with my hair colour and I'm debating going blonde but being a big old ginger I'm struggling to find a way to do it that doesn't involve giving Vidal Sassoon 125 quid or making my hair go the colour of brass piping. Don't suppose any of you guys have any pearls of wisdom...?
PawClaw

Re: Hair advice...
I always got on well with manic panics bleach kit when I went blonde.

Going from black or darker colours it'll prob take 2 treatments to get a good blonde-ness shade. I've done it before, I'd advise using a weekend so you can leave ~36 hours between bleachings and get some cheapy hot oil treatment (ie v05 ones) to use inbetween and after to help the hair recovery.

They either slap on a dark-ish blonde dye or get a good violet toner (again i used manic panic) and violet shampoo to really stamp out yellow tones.

The goal colour to use violet shaders well is sort of banana yellow or lighter.
daviemoo

I went to a salon to ask how much for a full head doing and they were really casually like 'just 140 pounds'. I was like, dude, I'm not THAT desperate to be blonde.

Will look Into manic panic. The problem with being a ginge is that red is the hardest colour to remove so if I do do it im gonna end up with a frispy fucking mess anyway. Sigh! Like an onion blossom on my head.
stewiestrapon

Posted: 06 Jan 2015
All the bleaching I've ever done to myself and to mates owes these articles- one from 2001, the other from 2002 which shows how long I've been fucking with my hair

Bleaching:
http://www.haircrazy.com/articles/beginner-guides/bleaching-your-hair/

The title says White/Silver, but it talks about toners which is how you get out your brassy bits:
http://www.haircrazy.com/articles/dyeing-techniques/going-whitesilver/
daviemoo

Why thank you I shall have a read of these tonight :3
stewiestrapon

For the record I've also bought stuff from there too- it's safe
daviemoo

Posted: 07 Jan 2015
My biggest worry is that I'll do it and end up with orange hair. My hair is dark red so it's like the hardest kind to bleach.
stewiestrapon

The thing that normally causes problems is old dye in the hair. As you said you haven't messed in a while, I'm assuming you're natural right now?

Orange bits are unavoidable, but that's why you bleach it again- only rebleach the orange parts. Putting bleach on hair that has already lifted won't lift it more, it will just frazzle it.

Bleaching on its own is always going to leave that brassy colour, which is where toning comes in.

What I do is take a tiny amount of Directions Violet and mix it with a small bowl of conditioner. Cake the mixture on your hair, wrap it in cling film and get on with your day. I normally leave it around an hour. Your hair will need it after all that bleaching and it will calm down the brassy tones.

Also washing with blonde shampoo helps.

You're aiming for a tone that is lighter than the shade of blonde dye you want to use on it (if that makes sense).
daviemoo

Yeah it does. Ideally I want to look like (in every possible way) troy baker, when he had longer blonde hair. He looked rockin'. And I'd lick his face. His hair is brown so it's a sight easier for him than me. Also, not gonna lie there is still totally dye all in my hair. Maybe an inch and a half isn't a coloured mess but the rest of it is kinda dark and still has dye on but I can't be arsed yet to do ANOTHER dye remover. Tempted to cut my hair short so only the non dyed bits are there then blonde it. We'll see.
Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^