You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Talk > Making friends

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 30 posts.
Thread: #7729
Page: 1
styzssm

Posted: 18 Jan 2015
Re: Making friends
Yeah people do that. A bf replaces all else apparently.
Meh
daviemoo

Yeah when you're young you think replacing friends with a bf is perfectly logical. Now I've got my friends and my boyfriend- just need to stop being a recluse... And tell my friend that his relationship might not last as long as our friendship could. To be fair one of my oldest friends stopped talking to me for 6 months a couple years ago because his new bf was jealous of our friendship. That we had had since we were 15 and had never even debated making it anything more.
Guys are weird.
Eraserface

I've experienced this a fair amount only it's even more baffling in this case: a close friend of mine who happens to be a lesbian stopped talking to me after her girlfriend laid out the ultimatum "It's him or me". Despite knowing that I'm incredibly gay. As is she. This happened after one of us, thinking it was a cute story and it is, mentioned how we met: she saw me in the pub opposite our then university reading a book about riot grrl and thought "That new girl's pretty and is into the same stuff as me I'll go over and say hello" to be surprised by my speaking voice. I was really flattered when she explaind her surprise and it became a beautiful friendship to misquote Casablanca. This amusing little genderfucked anecdote was seized upon as proof that we were going to get together at some point in the future. As a result, we've not spoke since. I don't blame her to be honest but I do hope she gets this toxic person out of her life, whether or not we see each other again.
daviemoo

I blame my friend... He apologised and I said I figured he was just busy and he laid out this whole tableau of 'well he said he was suspicious of how close we were because we talked constantly and even though we've never met it seemed like we were too close' and I basically said, if my friendship means so little to you you would throw it away because of some guy who was just trying to control you you can't really be such a good friend'. We don't really talk much now because I cant be arsed to Invest in a friendship with someone like that
styzssm

People are weird.
stewiestrapon

My sister's boyfriend doesn't like her spending time with me unless he's also invited. My sister then turns around all "he doesn't understand why you don't like him". It's fucking hilarious.

When I was the one in a relationship, I ditched my sister and my best mate a few times though. Looking back the only time I wanted to see them was to moan about wanting to break up with the guy.

I'd definitely say the two of them have gotten their own back though, so I don't lose sleep over how I treated them to be honest. Not that I'd do it again, mind. I have learned my lesson and had a taste of my own medicine. Does that make me a cunt?
Gnarlee

School/college/university or work. After that, you're fucked.
daviemoo

@stewiestrapon it doesn't make you a cunt no, not in my eyes. like we said it seems to be something a lot of people do and at least we've learned our lessons, some people never do.

@gnarlee hey we've been friends for 6 years and we met online so watch it... :p
Gnarlee

@daviemoo Exception to the rule, David Cow Noise.
daviemoo

@gnarlee thank you curled first name
Wait! There are 20 more posts in this thread. You need to signup or sign in to view them.

Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^