You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Talk > You actually can teach an old dog new tricks

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 10 posts.
Thread: #7751
Page: 1
daviemoo

Posted: 18 Nov 2015
You actually can teach an old dog new tricks
YES GNARLEE I'M TALKING ABOUT MY NEW HOBBY...ahem.

So I've taken up knitting: I mean, I know what you're all thinking. How can such a manly guy do something like knitting?

To be fair I've heard a lot of stories since I started from my surgeons at work and from a few friends that it's a pretty unisex hobby nowadays. Wondered if anyone else has any creative hobbies? And if so how do you find the time to manage it? It's taken me 3 weeks to make a scarf. But now I'm done and I'm celebrating.... By making a new one.

Gnarlee

Re: You actually can teach an old dog new tricks
Have you tried being a man, that's fun.
daviemoo

Is it? How come you make it look so dull then? With your big Neanderthal legs and your using lamb skin as a Loincloth?
stewiestrapon

I wish there were more hours in the day! I have two books gathering dust on my desk; one on Japanese garden art and the other on Chinese calligraphy. I have an entire drawer full of unfinished craft store impulse buys.

Basically I've turned into an old lady
daviemoo

A cool old lady :3
stewiestrapon

Posted: 19 Nov 2015
Getting cooler with age ;)

Knitting looks really relaxing to be fair. I can see it being one of those things you can't stop doing and your house ends up full of stuff (it's happened to my mum haha)
MrTicklish

Posted: 19 Nov 2015
The boyfriend knits. All the time! At the moment he's making a tie which is pretty cool.

I do fish. 500 litre planted aquarium with cardinal tetras and a few fish to do some house keeping. Recently bought some bad fish and had an ich outbreak which was a nightmare. I lost a bunch of Cardinals and a good pope.

daviemoo

Posted: 24 Nov 2015
knitting is insanely relaxing once you've learnt to do it. its like you can just switch off and do the same thing over and over and when you next look you've made a thing. im making my boyfriend a giant scarf at the mo. its taking a long time but will look awesome.

fish are also cool, i used to have a huuuuge tank when i was small and i had a filter fish i called henry. he was my favourite ^_^

i also like calligraphy but to be honest my main fascination with that is that i can pick up a pen and something that doesnt look like a 3 year old wrote it comes out.
stewiestrapon

Posted: 27 Nov 2015
My thing with calligraphy is I'm probably too interested in alphabets from a linguistic perspective to see them artistically? I can't sit myself down for 5 minutes to practice one letter/character over and over, but I once spent an entire evening teaching myself the Korean alphabet (I don't speak Korean or see myself learning it, I'm just interested in writing systems).

I've never done tanks. My mate has an axolotl though which is the cutest thing (I know, I know, it's not a fish)
MrTicklish

Posted: 09 Dec 2015
So... I have a pretty awesome landlord. The fish tank belongs to the flat I'm currently staying in and I asked if I could buy it because I'm moving into a better place in Jan. The guy just says that I can have it because I'm such a creep like that.

Just thought that you all needed to know what a creep I am.
Wait! There are 0 more posts in this thread. You need to signup or sign in to view them.

Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^