You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Talk > Staying friends

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 5 posts.
Thread: #7758
Page: 1
daviemoo

Posted: 05 Nov 2016
Staying friends
Have any of you guys ever tried to stay friends with an ex? I'm finding it admittedly rather difficult and even though past experience has taught me never to walk away angrily and cut ties because you will regret it I can't help but feel like it's the best thing to do for myself.
Spoilers

Posted: 08 Nov 2016
Re: Staying friends
It's difficult to determine, IMO. Depending how the relationship ended can show surprising immaturity in someone you one thought an emotionally intelligent person. That was my own experience at least. The contact faded out after most of the contact became insults and snide public comments on social media, directed at myself. If anytihng it helped my get over my emotions for them quicker.

Every instance is different though, sorry to hear you're in that situation :/
daviemoo

Posted: 09 Nov 2016
Thanks. It's been tough, especially after 5 and a half years. We both think it's the right move but it's fucking scary to be moving out into a flat after so long thinking I was settled here long term. I'm trying to look at it as a new adventure or something I guess.

It's hard right now to picture maintaining any kind of friendship. But I'll play it by ear and see. I think we've both surprised each other at how we can each be kind of an asshat at times.
Xenor

Posted: 14 Nov 2016
No. Don't do it. At least not until you're completely over it and found someone better.
ogras

Posted: 08 Feb 2017
It's possible. I've stayed friends with 2 ex's. It really depends how much you still feel for them. (And who dumped who haha). It can be pretty painful if you still care for them.
Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^