You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Music > Coil

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 1 posts.
Thread: #7739
Page: 1
Eraserface

Posted: 05 Apr 2015
Coil
I've been massively into Coil again lately and felt it may be an idea to share some of their stuff. For the uninitiated, their influence doesn't get the credit it deserves. Great, incredibly important queer artists: among the first to donate the proceeds from their work to an AIDs charity (the Tainted Love video permanently installed in the MOMA too); they went from doing the metal-bashing industrial I love so much on this track through to influencing Aphex Twin and Autechre with their William Blake and acid influenced (the music and the drug) Love's Secret Domain to the calmer but still intermittently sinister later albums. Their soundtrack for Hellraiser was rejected for being "too scary" and Clive Barker got the idea for it after stealing some fetish mags from Peter "Sleazy" Christopherson. Sleazy directed the infamous Broken mock snuff video for NIN and designed the cover to Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here: personally I hate Pink Floyd but a lot of people don't. Basically, what's not to like?

"See the black sun rise in the solar lodge"
Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^