You are not logged in, Click Here to Login or Click here to create a new account.
Thread: General > Cinema > 4Dx cinema

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^
Welcome to altvibe.com Forums
You are currently not logged in and will only be able to view the forums. Click here to Signup. Click here to login.
As a guest you can only view the first 10 posts and in this thread there have been 6 posts.
Thread: #7733
Page: 1
glenn

Posted: 28 Feb 2015
4Dx cinema
Has anyone been?

For those who don't know what 4dx is - basically it's cinema with wind, water, smell, moving chairs, etc.

I think Milton Keynes has the only one in Europe currently (or something crazy like that). I went the other day, and it's really fun! If you get the opportunity, I highly recommend :)
stewiestrapon

Re: 4Dx cinema
They had a mini one in Birmingham sea life center when my sister used to work there. It was really weird!
glenn

Weird in a good or bad way? haha
stewiestrapon

Bit of both? Undecided! :D
Skinny

Posted: 01 Mar 2015
I think the term 4DX is about 6 years old now, correct me if Im wrong, I've heard of middle eastern countries and Asian countries having it for some time.. I think we have been slow to pick up on it.

Warner Brothers park in Australia claimed to have a 4D screen, in 2005 I sore a Shreck movie there. The concept was very similar, the movie was in 3D, they blow air at us, shook the seats, and dropped fake spiders on us. Never thought of it as a concept for the main stream, I may have to try the MK one as I still have a lot of connections with the place.
glenn

Posted: 05 Mar 2015
@skinny not sure really. It arriving in MK was the first I heard of it. I know they exist in America to some extent, though not sure how widespread it is. I think there's a careful balance to be played about not going too extreme, while at the same time having fun with the effects. I imagine earlier incarnations would have struggled to get the mix right
Page: 1

Results per page: 20 [Change]

You must be signed in to post replies.
General
Altvibe News and Info
Regional
Sex and Stuff
International

^ Get Rid of these adverts Click here ^